Welcome to Decker: Critical Care of the Surgical Patient!
Decker: Critical Care of the Surgical Patient is a combined effort between the Surgical Critical Care Program Directors Society (SCCPDS) and the Society of Critical Care Anesthesiologists (SOCCA) to develop a continuously updated learning resource for trainees caring for surgical patients, regardless of their primary specialty training.
• 20 sections each with three to 15 modules based on ACGME defined curriculum for fellows in both surgical and anesthesia critical care training.
• A valuable learning resource for fellows, physicians or advanced practice providers in surgery, anesthesia, emergency medicine or internal medicine caring for surgical patients.
• Our co-editors are Fred Luchette, MD (Loyola, SCCPDS past president), Sam Tisherman, MD (Maryland, SCCPDS president-elect) and Andrew Patterson, MD, PhD (Nebraska Vice Chair for Research).
• We have also enlisted Kelly Austin, MD (Pittsburgh) as editor for pediatric surgical critical care.
• The Impaired Surgeon
• Initial Management of Life-Threatening Trauma
• Mechanical Ventilation: Advanced Ventilation and Adjuncts
• Mechanical Ventilation: Approaches and Special Considerations
• Mechanical Ventilation: Respiratory Physiology and Conventional Ventilation
• Surgical Palliative Care
• Trauma to the Thoracic Aorta
• Brain Failure and Brain Death
• Cerebral Metabolism and Blood Flow Following Traumatic Brain Injury
Decker: Critical Care of the Surgical Patient was developed to provide comprehensive and up-to-date medical information. This resource is available online, and is continually updated.