EKG Plain & Simple, Fourth Edition provides complete coverage of basic to advanced concepts, giving students the foundation they need for a successful career in health care.
Unlike books that encourage rote memorization, the conversationally-written EKG Plain and Simple puts the student at the patient’s bedside. This popular text focuses not just on identifying rhythms or EKGs, but also on what can be done for the patient. Assuming no prior knowledge, the text covers basic to advanced EKG concepts. Part I progresses seamlessly from basic cardiac A&P through waves and complexes, lead morphology, and rhythms. Part II covers 12-lead interpretation, axis, hypertrophy, myocardial infarction, and more. The author provides many clinical scenarios, anecdotes, and critical-thinking exercises, plus over 500 practice rhythm strips and 12-lead EKGs. The Fourth Edition has been updated to include improved opening scenarios, streamlined explanations, new tables, and more photos, art, and visual aids.
- • Extensive clinical scenarios, anecdotes, and critical-thinking exercises impart real insight and expertise, offering students valuable clinical insights and experience related to EKGs and the heart.
- • Over 500 practice rhythm strips and 12-lead EKGs illuminate a wide range of cases and conditions, giving students unparalleled opportunities to practice with a wide range of scenarios.
- • Flexible organization is easily adaptable to two-semester or two-quarter courses, or for “mixing and matching,” to reflect unique instructor needs.
- • UPDATED! Improved “What’s It All About” opening scenarios help to show the clinical importance of each chapter’s information.
- • Mid-chapter “Checkups” include questions and scenarios that gauge the student’s readiness to proceed, ensuring that students have mastered each concept so they can move forward with confidence.
- • UPDATED! Streamlined explanations simplify the material, with an emphasis on enhanced comprehension.
- • UPDATED! Additional tables pull information together in one place to make retention easier.
- • UPDATED! More photos and improved art make the text more visually appealing and user-friendly.
- • End-of-chapter summary notes help students re-focus on the most important concepts that have been presented for more efficient study.
- • Ten scenarios in the final chapter help students synthesize and apply the information they’ve learned.
For all courses on reading electrocardiograms, in curricula that include EKG/cardiac tech, nursing, critical care, paramedic, medicine, respiratory therapy, and exercise physiology.
Table of Contents