Designed for community dental/public health courses, Dental Public Health & Research also serves as an ideal resource for board exam preparation.
Dental Public Health & Research explores the ever-changing world of dental public health–a dynamic career pathway for dental hygienists–and provides readers with the key tools needed to effectively practice and conduct dental hygiene in the public health setting. The Fourth Edition features an increased emphasis on the dental hygienist’s understanding of research principles, and an expanded discussion of public health science. Readers are guided through dental hygiene fundamentals, programs, research, and practical strategies to give them a true understanding of what it takes to be a successful, contemporary dental hygiene practitioner.
Readers are guided through dental hygiene fundamentals, programs, research, and practical strategies to give them a true understanding of what it takes to be a successful, contemporary dental hygiene practitioner.
- • Did you Know? Boxes engage readers with interesting information.
- • Dental Hygiene Spotlight boxes showcase the experiences of dental hygienists working around the world.
- • UPDATED: The fourth edition details public health science from its inception and further explains the essence of dental public health.
- • UPDATED: The significantly expanded research unit provides detailed information on the study of dental hygiene research. Areas of expansion include discussions on the pivotal role research plays in dental hygiene, ethics in research, evidenced-based principles of practice, the roles of government and private entities in dental research, oral epidemiology, and the measurement of oral diseases and conditions.
- • UPDATED: The chapter on dental care funding is expanded to focus on the current issues in dental care financing and the government’s role in this area.
- • The cultural diversity chapter details the effect culture has on dental health.
- • UPDATED: The chapter on target populations has been expanded and diversified to help future providers understand how cultures, populations, and health relate.
- • UPDATED: The program planning chapter is significantly updated and expanded with regard to benchmarks and effective programs presently in place.
This book is a perfect resource for dental hygiene practitioners.
Table of Contents