For use in courses that cover EHRs in Medical Assisting, undergraduate RN and LVN nursing programs, and as a supplement to other allied professional curriculums (including RT, PT, and OT). Also useful for continuing education courses covering EHR.
A complete, “learn by doing” approach to learning electronic health records
Designed to prepare an educated clinical workforce, Electronic Health Records: Understanding and Using Computerized Medical Records is the complete “learn by doing” text for everyone who must use an electronic health records (EHR) system, including doctors, nurses, medical assistants, physician assistants, and other medical office staff. It provides a thorough understanding of EHR tasks and functional benefits that is continuously reinforced by actual EHR experiences. Updated to reflect the latest EHR rules, regulations, and innovations, this new edition contains even more hands-on exercises that use real EHR software to transform theoretical EHR concepts into practical understanding.
- • Links EHR concepts and skills tightly with real-world environments and experiences. — This complete learning system includes text and software that work in tandem to thoroughly introduce EHR via practical applications and guided exercises.
- • UPDATED: Offers a highly realistic experience that students can quickly apply in health care environments.
- o Step-by-step, hands-on, Guided Exercises provide a computer experience closely resembling that of an actual medical facility, with real-world software and a sizable patient database.
- o Critical-thinking and Testing Your Skill Exercises challenge students to extend what they have learned and apply their knowledge in new ways.
- • Guides students through understanding key concepts and applying them in practice.
- o Learning Outcomes highlight key concepts at the start of each chapter.
- o Acronyms and definitions are called out in each chapter to help learners quickly identify the terminology they’ll need to master EHR.
- o Notes and Alert boxes explain key terms and provide important additional information or cautions about the EHR software.
- o Real-Life Story vignettes share the EHR experiences of doctors, nurses, administrators, physician assistants, and patients to help learners connect chapter content to real life in the clinic.
- o Chapter Summaries synthesize key points and present reference tables of exercises covering specific EHR skills.
- • UPDATED: Reflects the latest changes to US government regulations, incentive programs, trends, and technologies. Up-to-date coverage helps students understand the current realities of EHR deployment and usage so they can be more effective in clinical settings.
- • Provides an intuitive visual representation of complex EHR tasks and processes.
- o Easy-to-follow, step-by-step, Medical Record software screen captures provide a handy visual reference to the key steps associated with many tasks.
- o Numerous figures, tables, and photos help learners visualize both technical concepts and workflow scenarios.
For use in courses that cover EHRs in Medical Assisting, undergraduate RN and LVN nursing programs, and as an adjunct to other allied professional curriculum's (including RT, PT, and OT). Also valuable for continuing education courses covering EHR.
Table of Contents