2023 © Jones & Bartlett Learning
Rhonda J. Hunt, MEd, NRP
Alfonso Mejia, MD, MPH, FAAOS
Emergency Medical Services, Emergency Medicine
The all-new Fourth Edition of Advanced Emergency Care and Transportation of the Sick and Injured combines comprehensive content with an unparalleled suite of digital resources to fully empower AEMT students and educators. Developed by a renowned team of authors and reviewed by AAOS medical editors, the Fourth Edition delivers the latest medical evidence and alignment to current standards, now in a simpler, easier-to-read layout.
Advanced Emergency Care and Transportation of the Sick and Injured, Fourth Edition is the Most Current AEMT Textbook Available.
- • Comprehensive coverage of the 2019 National EMS Scope of Practice Model, 2021 EMS Education Standards, and the 2020 American Heart Association (AHA) Guidelines for Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Emergency Cardiovascular Care (ECC).
- • Updated coverage of COVID-19 and PPE guidelines are included to increase practitioner safety
- • Scores of content additions or revisions were made, including assisting with ALS airway procedures, LVADs, recognizing and managing stroke, wound packing, and more
A Focus on Career Readiness and Employability
For those who care about more than just pass rates, the Fourth Edition is devoted to addressing the most common AEMT job readiness issues reported by employers.
- • Greater emphasis on empathy, teamwork, interpersonal skills, and problem-solving to ensure students are well-prepared as they transition into the field.
- • A new “Street Smarts” feature that helps bridge the gap between the classroom and field environment by addressing nontechnical skills that improve patient and co-worker interactions.
- • Enhanced content on provider mental health, wellness, and safety.
Doody's Core Titles (DCT)
Specialty Score: 2.87 Health Sciences - Emergency Medical Services
Table of Contents