2020 © Jones & Bartlett Learning
Jeffrey S. Guy, MD, EMT-P, FACS
Emergency Medical Services, Pharmacy/Pharmacology
Fully revised to meet current guidelines, Pharmacology for the Prehospital Professional, Second Edition offers a complete and practical understanding of pharmacology in the prehospital setting. The Second Edition provides a unique problem-based approach to ensure that you, as a prehospital provider, are prepared to effectively administer the drugs your patients need. Clinical scenarios present case information just as you will learn it in the classroom and encounter it in the field. By placing each drug in its relevant context, this text teaches you to identify the proper drug for a specific patient in a specific situation.
This Second Edition includes:
- • Contextualized profiles of over 90 drugs used in prehospital care for quick identification at critical moments.
- • Problem-oriented approaches to real scenarios encountered in the field.
- • Step-by-step procedural descriptions of pharmacologic processes commonly performed in the prehospital setting.
- • A Medication Math chapter that strengthens your dosage-calculation skills.
- • Legal Aspects and Risk Management coverage to help you avoid common mistakes made in prehospital care.
- • Review questions that reinforce important chapter concepts and test your understanding.
Doody's Core Titles (DCT)
Specialty Score: 3 Health Sciences - Emergency Medical Services
Table of Contents