2012 © F. A. Davis Company
Dolores B. Bertoti MS, PT; Peggy A. Houglum PhD, ATC, PT
Physical Therapy, Allied Health, Sports Medicine
Now celebrating its 50 years in print, this text has held onto the foundation of its great success, while also being re-invented for today’s audience. The focus of this text remains the practical instruction of functional anatomy in order to quickly, and convincingly, guide readers to its use in professional performance. This text is filled with modern applications that will show your students the relevance of foundational material to their future careers.
With an all-new author team of expert instructors Peggy Houglum and Dolores Bertoti, and a brand-new, full-color design this is the field's gold standard making it more valuable than ever as it prepares readers to apply theory to clinical practice.
- • Links theoretical concepts to their practical applications with Practice Points boxes.
- • Examines the properties of bone, cartilage, ligaments, and fascia.
- • Emphasizes the kinesiologic issue best illustrated for each region of the body.
- • Discusses joints, ligaments, end-feels, accessory joint motion, the innervation and anatomical actions of muscles, and applications of mechanical and physiological principles.
New to this Edition:
- • Introduces a new author team, Peggy A. Houglum, PhD, ATC, PT and Dolores Bertoti, MS, PT, noted educators, practitioners, and authors.
- • Brings important concepts to life with a new, full-color design, new, larger, page size, and hundreds of new photographs and illustrations.
- • Integrates many new clinical examples and functional, clinically relevant laboratory activities throughout the text.
- • Presents new clinical scenarios (with solutions) in each chapter.
- • Features three, brand-new chapters, Kinesiological Applications in Daily Functional Activities, Kinesiology Applications of Upper Extremity Activities of Daily Living, and Sports and Recreation.
- • Includes a glossary of important words and terms.
Table of Contents