2019 © F.A. Davis Company
Thomas J. Schmitz PT, PhD; Susan B. O'Sullivan PT, EdD; George Fulk PT, PhD, FAPTA
Physical Medicine, Allied Health, Physical Therapy
Rely on this comprehensive, curriculum-spanning text and reference now and throughout your career! You’ll find everything you need to know about the rehabilitation management of adult patients… from integrating basic surgical, medical, and therapeutic interventions to how to select the most appropriate evaluation procedures, developing rehabilitation goals, and implementing a treatment plan.
- • Features more than 60 narrated, full-color video clips of patients in treatment, including the initial examination, interventions, and outcomes for a variety of the conditions commonly seen in rehabilitation settings.
- • Incorporates current research in basic and clinical sciences with physical therapy assessments and treatment procedures.
- • Includes “Evidence Summary” tables in most chapters which evaluate current research on specific topics and support evidence-based practice.
- • Enhances critical-thinking skills with open-ended clinical case studies.
- • Covers strategies for fall prevention, virtual reality rehabilitation, body-weight treadmill training, and upper extremity amputations and prosthetics.
- • Integrates the goals, examination procedures, and interventions of the APTA’s Guide to Physical Therapist Practice.
New to this Edition:
- • Thoroughly updated to reflect the newest evidence and changes in healthcare
- • New video and written case study on multiple sclerosis
Doody's Core Titles (DCT)
Essential Purchase Title (EPT)
Specialty Score: 2.6 Health Sciences - Physical Therapy
Quotes, Reviews or Testimonials
"This is the all-encompassing book for adult rehabilitation and is a must-have for all clinicians (especially student rehabilitation professionals) treating adults."
-- Christopher Blessing, MS, MPT, OCS, CSCS (Penn Medicine - Princeton Health) Doody's Review
The book "is intended to serve as a primary textbook for professional level physical therapy students and as an important resource for practicing therapists as well for other rehabilitation professionals." The audience includes practicing and student rehabilitation professionals (PT, OT, etc.). This has been a staple of the curriculum since I was a student in 1997-98, and the authors continue to improve on this masterful textbook for all clinicians.
Table of Contents