2013 © Wolters Kluwer Health | Lippincott Williams & Wilkins
Francis G. O'Connor MD, MPH, FACSM
Sports Medicine, Exam Preparation
The field of sports medicine is evolving, accelerated by emerging technologies and changing health care policies. To stay up to speed and ace the Boards, you need a resource that moves at your pace.
Sanctioned by the American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM), this handy review addresses all areas of the sports medicine sub-specialty board examination—with coverage that spans the full spectrum of sports medicine, from medical to skeletal conditions related to the athlete. The editors and authors include orthopedic surgeons, family physicians, pediatricians, internal medicine specialists, psychiatrists, certified athletic trainers, physical therapists, psychologists, nutritionists, exercise physiologists and more, ensuring that you’ll benefit from the broad spectrum of expertise embraced by the specialty.
Look inside and explore…
- • Seven convenient sections address general considerations, evaluation of the injured athlete, medical problems, musculoskeletal problems, principles of rehabilitation, sports-specific populations, and special populations.
- • Comprehensive coverage includes all topic areas featured on sports medicine subspecialty board exams.
- • Easy-access bulleted format makes essential facts simple to locate and recall.
- • Tables, figures, and algorithms make complex ideas easy to grasp and retain.
- • NEW 1000 board review questions added on as an on-line adjunct
- • NEW All sections to be updated
- • NEW Athletic Trainer added as an Editor
- • NEW More illustrations
- • NEW Second color added
- • Covers all the areas on the boards
- • Easy to access bulleted format
Table of Contents