Taber’s brings meanings to life.
Put the language of nursing, medicine, and the healthcare professions at your fingertips. In hand, online, or on your mobile device—anywhere and everywhere, Taber’s 24 is the all-in-one, go-to source in the classroom, clinical, and beyond.
Under the editorial direction of Donald Venes, MD, MSJ, a team of expert consulting editors and consultants, representing nearly every health care profession, ensures that the content reflects the most current healthcare information.
- • Videos and animations - demonstrate common procedures, a brief physical assessment, and physiological processes
- • Over 33,000 audio pronunciations - build speaking confidence.
- • 75,000+ terms—put the language of health care at your fingertips in class, clinical, and practice.
- • Full-color illustrations—make often complex concepts easier to understand, including detailed illustrations of anatomy and physiology, and photographs of diseases and disorders that focus on their distinguishing features.
- • Tools for clinical success—integrate must-have information where you need it.
- o Patient Care Statements—Quick-reference summaries detail assessment, treatment, and patient teaching requirements.
- o Caution/Safety Statements—An easy-to-find icon highlights information critical to safe patient care.
- o Disease/Disorder Entries—Concise descriptions summarize diagnosis, signs and symptoms, etiology, treatments, and prognosis.
- o 2020-21 NANDA-I.—The complete list of nursing diagnoses makes reference quick and easy.
- • Over 30,000 audio pronunciations—build speaking confidence.
- • Appendices—put must-know, rarely memorized information at your fingertips, including normal reference laboratory values and prefixes, suffices, and combining forms, as well as abbreviations, symbols, and units of measurement, documentation system definitions, and translations of common healthcare terms and phrases in English, French, and Spanish.
Doody's Core Titles (DCT)
Specialty Score: 2.8 Health Sciences - Dictionaries/Terminology
Quotes, Reviews or Testimonials
"This edition includes additional topics such as aging, cancer care, epidemics, informatics, and nutrition. It strives to be inclusive of all specialties as well as clinical and basic science topics. Given the pace of medical advances, a new edition after four years is welcome and justified."
-- Iris Kovar-Gough, MA, MLIS (Michigan State University Libraries) Doody's Review
The audience is primarily residents, nurses, and practitioners, but the dictionary is accessible for health professions students of all levels. It offers information for all specialties but may be most appropriate for family and internal medicine. The editor is a physician and fellow of the American College of Physicians.
Table of Contents