2020 © American Health Information Management Association
Nanette B. Sayles; Leslie L. Gordon
Healthcare Informatics, Healthcare Administration
The sixth edition of Health Information Management Technology: An Applied Approach transforms and enhances the education and training for health information management (HIM) professionals.
The content in this book supports the American Health Information Management Association’s (AHIMA) current curricula competencies, and the chapters are mapped to AHIMA’s Registered Health Information Technology (RHIT) domains. The organization of the information provides students with a logical flow for skill development and knowledge building.
Each chapter is written by a distinguished leader in the HIM field using clear, accessible language to ensure concepts are easy to understand and reflect a solid foundation that is essential for every entry-level HIM professional. All chapters reflect current HIM trends, practices, standards, and legal issues.
- • Expanded – Topical coverage expanded in the Clinical Terminologies, Classifications, and Code Systems; Data Management; Data Security; Research and Data Analysis; Healthcare Statistics; and Fraud and Abuse Compliance chapters
- • New – Management and leadership topics reorganized to better reflect their dynamic relationship
- • New – Rationales added to appendix A, check your understanding answer key, that appears in the back of the book
- • Check your understanding questions throughout each chapter and reinforce concepts to improve comprehension
- • Real-world cases at the end of each chapter present actual scenarios faced by HIM professionals and are designed to initiate discussions that will elaborate on chapter topics
- • Chapter content is mapped to AHIMA’s curricula competencies
Doody's Core Titles (DCT)
Specialty Score: 2.6 Health Sciences - Health Information Management
Table of Contents