2022 © Jones & Bartlett Learning
Emily Reisner, PhD; Howard M. Reisner, PhD
ISBN-10: 1-284-18383-1 / ISBN-13: 978-1-284-18383-2
eISBN-10: 1-284-18384-X / eISBN-13: 978-1-284-18384-9
Pathology, Basic Sciences, Nursing
Updated to keep pace with the many changes in the field, Crowley's An Introduction to Human Disease, Eleventh Edition provides readers with a clear, well-illustrated explanation of the structural and functional changes associated with disease, the clinical manifestations of disease, and how to determine treatment. It reflects current information on the pathogenesis of infectious disease and how changes in the genome are expressed as disease.
The first chapters of the text discuss general concepts and diseases affecting the body as a whole. Later chapters consider the various organ systems and their diseases. The Eleventh Edition includes new content on COVID-19, Zika virus, brain-eating amoebas, plus mini podcasts to address difficult concepts such as cancer and the use of microscope slides.
Features and Benefits
- • Includes new and updated Case Studies covering a variety of topics, that help students apply key concepts to the medical setting.
- • Includes a wealth of new chapter content, including:
- o a new section on circulating tumor cells in Chapter 7.
- o a new section on brain eating amoebas in Chapter 8.
- o new information on HIV prophylaxis, HPV, and other sexually transmitted diseases in Chapter 10.
- o a new section in Chapter 15 on vaping and its impact on its impact on vaping-induced lung injuries.
- o new sections in Chapter 16 on breast cancer therapies and inflammatory lesions of the breast.
- o an extensively reorganized Chapter 19 includes new information on extracellular water and body water content and new information on regulation of plasma pH and respiratory control of pH.
- o a new section on Oropharyngeal Cavity Tumors in Chapter 23.
- o a new section on Zika Virus in Chapter 25.
Doody's Core Titles (DCT)
Essential Purchase Title (EPT)
Specialty Score: 3 Nursing - Anatomy/Physiology
Quotes, Reviews or Testimonials
"Medicine is always advancing and new editions of medical books are necessary. Dr. Crowley accomplished this well with this update."
-- Deborah Luttermoser, AAS, RRT, RCP (William Beaumont Hospitals) - Doody's Review - previous edition
Ideal for Pathology, Pathophysiology, or Human Disease courses and specifically designed for students in the allied health and nursing fields.
Table of Contents