2019 © Jones & Bartlett Learning
Daniel E. Shin, DDS, MSD; Donald E. Willmann, DDS, MS; Jill S. Gehrig RDH, MA
ISBN-10: 1-284-14538-7 / ISBN-13: 978-1-284-14538-0
eISBN-13: 978-1-284-20927-3 / eISBN-10: 1-284-20927-X
Dental Hygiene, Dentistry
Comprehensive and easy-to-understand, Foundations of Periodontics for the Dental Hygienist, 5th Edition equips dental hygiene students with up-to-date, evidence-based coverage of periodontal anatomy, the periodontal disease process, and classifications of periodontal disease. Rather than presenting information in a narrative style, the author—a leading expert in the field—uses a detailed outline format, making the information easier to read, understand, and reference. Rich with engaging learning features and student resources, the 5th Edition has been revised and updated throughout to reflect the hygienist's increasingly important role in periodontal therapy and to help students confidently apply what they’ve learned to clinical patient care situations.
Features and Benefits
- • Updated content familiarizes students with the latest evidence-based information on host modulation agents, regenerative techniques and materials, the clinical use of lasers, and more.
- • Current Classifications of Periodontal Diseases from The American Academy of Periodontology equip students for confidence clinical patient care.
- • Comprehensive Patient Cases with clinical photos, radiographs, and periodontal charts cultivate students’ patient care planning capabilities.
- • Straightforward outline format helps students easily identify, learn, and review key concepts.
- • Hundreds of full-color illustrations and clinical photographs reinforce concepts in vivid detail.
- • Focus on Patients and Clinical Patient Care features connect chapter content to specific patient care applications.
- • Evidence in Action features help students apply the latest clinical research to commonly encountered patient care scenarios.
- • Ethical Dilemmas features alert students to potential legal/ethical considerations they may encounter in practice.
- • Learning Objectives and Key Terms provide a “road map” to module topics and help students master dental vocabulary.
Doody's Core Titles (DCT)
Essential Purchase Title (EPT)
Specialty Score: 2.8 Health Sciences - Dental Auxiliaries
Table of Contents