2016 © Wolters Kluwer Health | Lippincott Williams & Wilkins
Elan D. Louis MD MS; Lewis P. Rowland MD; Stephan A. Mayer MD
ISBN-10: 1-4511-9336-X / ISBN-13: 978-1-4511-9336-7
Neurology, Internal Medicine, Physical Medicine, Physician Assistant, Psychiatry
Completely updated and in brilliant full color, Merritt's Neurology, 13th Edition, remains your reference of choice for outstanding guidance on neurologic protocols, treatment guidelines, clinical pathways, therapeutic recommendations, and imaging. Greatly reorganized for ease of use, the 13th Edition features more than 30 new chapters that keep will you up to date with every aspect of your field. Now for the first time, you’ll find dozens of video clips online that demonstrate the clinical signs and symptoms of neurologic disorders.
- • Visualize neurologic topics more easily than ever with an all-new, full-color format throughout.
- • Benefit from the fresh perspective of new editors Dr. Elan Louis and Dr. Stephan Mayer, in addition to 180 expert contributors who offer guidance in their areas of expertise.
- • Stay current with today’s hottest topics, thanks to new chapters on the global burden of neurological disease; magnetic resonance imaging and other imaging modalities; sleep studies; mild cognitive impairment; concussion; restless legs syndrome; seizures in children; HIV, fetal alcohol syndrome, and drug effects; and many more.
- • Find the information you need more quickly thanks to a reorganized format. In 153 succinct chapters, you’ll find the essentials you need on signs and symptoms, diagnostic tests, and neurologic disorders of all etiologies.
- • Watch approximately 40 video clips online to gain a clear understanding of the clinical signs and symptoms of neurologic disorders.
- • Get the up-to-date information you need from the practical, readable resource that’s trusted and used by neurologists, primary care physicians, and residents.
Doody's Core Titles (DCT)
Essential Purchase Title (EPT)
Specialty Score: 2.6 Health Sciences - Neurology
Quotes, Reviews or Testimonials
"This continues to be a classic general neurology textbook for anyone's neurological library."
-- Dan Capampangan, MD (Mayo Clinic Arizona) Doody's Review - previous edition
The authors suggest the book will appeal to medical students, residents, practicing neurologists, non-neurology clinicians, nurses, and other allied healthcare professionals. Sub-specialty neurologists also will find this book useful for general overviews of common and somewhat uncommon neurological conditions that may be outside the scope of their practice.
Table of Contents